Monday, July 2, 2007

What if ... we lived every day in the moment?

Our lives are too often spent thinking about our past and what we could have done differently or it is spent thinking about our future and what we want our life to look like rather then living in the moment.

I have spent many a years in the past but luckily I have learned to not dwell on my mistakes any more but chalk it up to a valuable learning experiences.

What I have yet to learn though is not worry about what tomorrow will look like. Too many of my days and my thoughts are focused on tomorrow rather then fully appreciate and enjoy each moment as it comes.

A great reminder of this is Matthew 6:34:

"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own."

Let us learn to live in the moment so we do not miss out on the blessings each day with our families and friends nor miss those divine appointments that come our way because we will be living in the present.

No comments: