Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What If...Deliberate Acts Of Kindness Became A Habit?

I think I shall dedicate this week to Deliberate Acts Of Kindness.

Tomorrow, I will wake up and give thanks to the Lord for the wonderful kindness He has given to me over my lifetime. This is how I will start my day.

Then, I will make an intentional plan. I will plan a deliberate act of kindness to very specific individuals. I think I will make a choice to specifically target those who have NOT been kind to me recently.

Would anyone like to join me?

I really need to step outside some pain inflicted. Today, I became completely aware that, although unkindness has been shown to me, so much kindness has also been shown. Isn't it interesting how easy it is to "obsess" over the kindness taken when so much kindness has been given?

What if...deliberate acts of kindness became a habit?

6 comments:

Coach Carolyn said...

Wow, Randee! This post is so right on for me today! I was treated veeeery unkindly yesterday by my sister. Then thought of all the loving kindness I'm shown by God through the women I minister to. It really puts things in perspective. Thanks for the reminder. Peace, Carolyn

Randee said...

Carolyn,

I'm so glad you plugged in to The What If...? Women blog. How nice to have you!

It's funny that you mention your sister because my own sister and I exchanged some unkind words to one another just a few days ago. I called and apologized but I feel like I need to do more.

She's on my list! But...what to do? What to do? Still thinking on that one.

There is one thing we know for sure from God's word. We reap what we sow. If we sow kindness, we reap kindness.

Shalene said...

Because of all the deliberate acts of kindness you ladies do everyday, just by blogging for us, and giving us a place to find inspiration and encouragement, I'd like you to visit this post I made partly in your honor (it's important that all of you visit, because it honors all of you.) :) Trust me, you'll like it. http://msp31wannabe.blogspot.com/2007/07/caution-schmoozer-sightings-reported-in.html

In His Love,
Shalene

Randee said...

Thanks, Shalene. That is an honor!

Lori Arriaga said...

Hi Randee, I will join you! The key is being deliberate about it as I find that if I am not deliberate I usually don't make the time for acts of kindness. Thanks for a great reminder.

Lori Arriaga said...

Thanks Shalene for honoring all of us at the What if women!